Prof Lucas Borges Leal da Silva, PhD
Assistant Professor in Management Engineering
Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN)
Lucas Borges Leal da Silva is assistant professor in Management Engineering at Federal University of Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN). Lucas holds his BSc in Civil Engineering (2016) at Federal University of Pernambuco (UFPE). There, he also holds his MSc (2019) and PhD (2022) in Management Engineering. He has been working on some strategic topics, focusing on multicriteria decision making/aiding, project portfolio and risk management related to natural hazards and climate changes. He is author or co-author of scientific papers in reviewed journals and book chapters.
UFRN, Centro de Tecnologia, Management Engineering Department
Rua da Tecnologia, CTEC, room 323 | ZIP: 59077-080
Lagoa Nova – Natal (RN) – Brazil
- Risk Management in Industrial and Natural Systems
- Flood Risk, Climate Change and Emergency Management
- Multi-Criteria Decision Making/Aiding (MCDM/A)
- Quality Management & Productivity
- Operations Research
1. University degrees
– BSc Civil Engineering (2016), Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE), Brazil
– Master in Production Engineering (2019), Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE), Brazil
– Ph. D. in Production Engineering (2022), Universidade Federal de Pernambuco (UFPE), Brazil
2. Academic Positions
– Assistant Professor, Universidade Federal do Rio Grande do Norte (UFRN) (2022 – present).
– Adjunct Professor, Universidade Católica de Pernambuco (UNICAP) (2021 to 2022).
– Researcher of the INCT-INSID, National Institute of Information and Decision Systems (2022-to present).
– Researcher of the REASON UFPE, Research group on Risk Assessment and Modelling in Environment, Assets, Safety, Operations and Nature (2019-present).
– Researcher of the CDSID UFPE, Center for Decision Systems and Information Development (2014 to 2015; 2017 to 2019).
– Courses taught: Maintenance and Reliability Engineering; Exploratory data analysis; Multicriteria Decision Support; Operations Management; Negotiation Processes; Health and Safety Engineering; Risk Management; Quality Management; Quality Engineering.
3. Scientific Associations
– International Society of MCDM
– INFORMS: Decision Analysis Society; MCDM Section.
– Brazilians Societies: Operational Research Soc (SOBRAPO);Assoc Production Eng (ABEPRO).
Main publications in scientific journals are in: International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction, Sustainable Cities and Society, IMA Journal of Management Mathematics, Reliability Engineering & Systems Safety.
– Chapter books in Springer series of LNCS and LNBIP.
List of Publications may be seen in:
– Conference papers and technological products and others may be seen in: Brazilian CV system
5. Services in Conferences and Meetings
Main Conference Communications in:
– Annual INFORMS meeting
– SRA annual meeting (Society for Risk Analysis)
– ESREL conferences from ESRA (European Safety and Reliability Association)
– Annual Conferences of the Brazilian Operational Research Society
6. Other Professional Links::
- Phone: +55-81-99278-8322
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org